Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paralympic Opening Ceremony

We are settled into our flat and last night went to the Opening Ceremony.  Not going to write much, I will just let you see the pictures and at that it still won't be the same as being here.

David doesn't play for a few days so we will go explore London and the Paralympic venues.  More adventures to come.

Outside the stadium.

Heading to the stadium.
Opening Ceremony

Oscar P. "The Blade Runner" who also competed in the Olympics.

The USA!!!  I tried to get a picture of David, but just as I snapped the
picture someone stood up.

Raising the Paralympic Flag.

The Paralympic Flame!!  Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. How neat - sorry that you didn't get the picture of David :(

    Did you guys see the flash mob?

    It will be nice to stay put in one place and not do all that driving,

    Have fun!!!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that Hawkins guy helped open the event. You need to be faster on the camera. A lost shot is gone forever. Keep up the good work and I'll be right behind you tomorrow following along in my very fast computer transport. Dan

    ReplyDelete