Friday, September 9, 2016

Swimming plus David wins first match!!


Today we were off to the Olympic Park to meet up & get some swimming tickets David got for us.  I'm always so impressed with these athletes. Some are blind, some amputees, some are other medical disabilities I am in aware of. All I know is they swim better than I ever have. We saw two Paralympic Records today. 
After swimming we found some food....nothing like London, but a bit better than China!  Once we had food in hand we hustled over to the tennis courts to watch some US players before David's match. 
Tennis center

Nick Taylor won 6-3 7-6!
We also watched some of Bryan Barten's match, but had to leave before he finished. Unfortunately he lost. 
The match of our day..... David Wagner. He played on one of the main courts an pulled out the win
It wasn't his best play, but he got the win.  
We were pleased as no one wants to go to the Paralympics and be out after your first match. 
Few more photos of David's match!



Group photo.  Notice the shirts....go Seahawks!
I'm still a bit tired & groggy so hopefully I can be a bit more creative with my blogging tomorrow. Signing out for now until tomorrow.... Tchau. 

4 comments:

  1. This is Dan. Very nice job Terri. Keep up the good work. You mentioned food and it made me wonder is it a spicy Mexican/Spanish type of dish or more like a Caribbean type influence???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan can't really answer your question. We haven't really experienced true Brazilian food. In the park it's very limited & like fast food. We hope to explore outside the park soon, once we have I'll give my 2 cents on the food. We did have some pretty tasty desserts!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ter - it's Jules - this is so exciting for me to see this experience. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and comments. I realize how much work it is and we all really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete