Saturday, September 1, 2012

Wandering around London, day 2

Today we started by going by one of the weekend markets.  All the booths were up and all the great food.....to bad we already ate breakfast.  However, we did decide to have an eclair.  Yummy.  We wondered past one of the canals, Regents Canal with all these boats that reminded me of something you might see in Venice....not that I have been there.  :)
Regents Canal
We spent a second day wandering around London.  We pretty much walked what we saw on the bus, but close up and with time to actually take some good pictures.  We got lucky at one point, the Household calvary rode by as we were at Hyde Park.  It was a great surprise!!

The Household Calvary


We went by Westminster Abbey and wandered behind into Dean's Yard.  It was very peaceful there and you would hardly know you were in the big city.....you could hardly hear the city noise.

Westminster Abbey

Dean's Yard


It was a lot of walking, but lots of fun; good things to eat or find on the walk.


Phone home?!?

Big Ben and Parliament

Gate to west London



Another good day, tomorrow David plays so will be off to the Olympic Park to cheer him on.  One match at a time for the gold.  Be sure to think good thoughts for him as he plays tomorrow.
Ta ta for now!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I think this was the best post so far. Very informative and really nice pictures. I am really having fun following you around the UK. I was able to find the Animal Memorial as well as all the items you listed yesterday. I have more to find now. Thanks, Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!

    Great pictures Terri - Love them all :) Those horses the Household Clavery ride are gorgeous! What a neat surprise. It doesn't look like there are a lot of people walking around...

    Good luck to David!!

    We're leaving to go out of town tomorrow morning - returning Friday afternoon so I'm not sure how my internet situation will be. If you don't hear from me you know why.

    Love,

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri: Thanks for this little tour of London. It brought back some fond memories of my visit about 30 years ago!

    John Orman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jlorman, you are welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed my visit to London.

      Delete